Why do I admire ELON MUSK?
WHO IS ELON MUSK?
Elon Musk is an Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist born in South Africa on 27 June 1971. He has a degree in physics from Pennsylvania University and economics from Wharton University. His net worth is around 27.9 billion dollars and he was listed as the 20th richest man in the world by Forbes.
The reason I admire Elon Musk because he is visionary. He is trying to make a change in people’s lives and to be more specific he is changing the world. As he is the founder of Paypal, SpaceX, The boring company and he is also the co-founder of Tesla, Neurolink, and openAI.
I would just describe his companies which are in the culmination to transform humanity.
- PAYPAL: Paypal is an online payment platform started in the year 1999.
- SpaceX: SpaceX is a space exploration technology limited company started with an idea to reduce space exploration cost and to colonize MARS. They have developed several launch Vehicles and Dragon spacecraft. Elon musk wants us, humans, to be multi-planetary species and SpaceX is going to launch humans on Mars pretty soon!
- The Boring Company: To curb traffic Elon Musk came with the idea of tunnel transportation.
- TESLA: Tesla builds not only all-electric vehicles but also infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products. Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better.
- Neura-link: Neura-Link is developing implantable brain-machine interfaces (BMIs).
- OpenAI: This corporation researches in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) with the stated aim to promote and develop friendly AI in such a way as to benefit humanity as a whole.
Elon Musk is an utmost inspiration and I think we should learn four things from him.
(1) He does what is necessary to be done, he doesn’t do what’s normal nor what’s easy.
After his success from companies like Zip2 and Paypal, he started his next venture on creating something risky and beneficial to humans like SpaceX and Tesla. He might have gone with creating something which is kind of easy and would have given him success but he didn’t go that way he just went to do what’s necessary without thinking about its consequences.
(2) He doesn’t just dream he just works very hard to achieve his dreams.
Everyone has dreams and ambitions but some crazy people go to the deepest extend to achieve their dreams. As it takes dedication, sacrifice, mindset and it requires absolute knowledge about the project which you are going to do. Elon Musk does the same thing. He works 100 hours per week to complete his project and he wakes up every day with a passion to achieve his dreams.
(3) He doesn’t think about himself, he cares what causes nature and the future of human beings.
Unlike other companies Musk doesn’t think about himself he just cares about what’s causing the future. He doesn’t manufacture the products which every company makes or services that others give. As musk’s ultimate goal is to make a major positive change in humans life. There are many car companies out there whose goal is to transport from A to B. On the other hand, Tesla’s goal is not only to transport from A to B but their purpose is about bringing change, settings an example of creating the fastest electric cars with selfless driving and utmost safety.
(4) whenever he fails, he trys to find out what went wrong, works hard for it and then comes back stronger.
Musk didn’t give up when Spacex failed to launch their first 3 rockets which had caused Elon Musk his fortune. Even then Elon Musk didn’t lose hope, he gave his best to change the infrastructure of Spacex from the roots he tried changing engineers who were not capable of marching with musks' dreams. And during that point, Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy. As a result of his adherence and never give up attitude he overcame all the obstacles and SpaceX was successful in its 4th rocket launch, later SpaceX was able to get the contract from NASA of $1.6B and Tesla went to become one of the most successful automobile industry in the world today.
While reading his biography named “ELON MUSK ‘’ by ‘’Ashlee Vance’’ I tried to decode his strengths, his tenacity, his mindset, and while reading it was told by one of his friends that “when Elon Musk gets into something, he develops just this different level of interest in it than other people. That is what differentiates Elon from the rest of humanity”
Some of Elon Musk quotes
“If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
“Good ideas are always crazy until they’re not.”
“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
“Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard but the people that work for me did.”
“The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.”
“Take risks now and do something bold. You won’t regret it.”
“If something is important enough you should try, even if the probable outcome is a failure.”
“Constantly think about how you could be doing things better and keep questioning yourself.”
“Life is too short for long-term grudges.”
“I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
Suggestion, Appreciation, and criticism are welcomed, they help me get hold of my flaws and improving upon them.